Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength...

God has graciously redeemed me from anxiety, and I am thankful. I have had bouts against it now and then, but for the most part, it has been smooth. Today, I'm in Denver, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to hang out with anyone from here. I'm debating just driving as far as I can, and sleeping the evening in the van, but we'll see. It would be nice to have a few hours of leisure between here and Palmdale. if you're wondering about the quote, it's from Spurgeon.

Here is the update:

I drove over 900 miles yesterday, and will drive another 1000 tomorrow. I very much enjoy driving by myself. I have a lot of time to think, pray, observe, and enjoy the relaxation. I finally received tuition reimbursement today, so I have enough to get a place to stay, or pay my mortgage, whichever is required. One prayer request I have, is that in this period of financial uncertainy, The Lord will make it clear to us where we should be tithing, and how much. There is an abundance of ministries we want to support, Lifegate, Capitol Ministries, Mike and Rebecca, Beacon of Hope... but it's hard to know what we should give when we don't know what we'll be making.

Financially, we're stable for now. I'm still not sure how I'm going to pay tuition for this semester, but I have some options, and the fact that I get it reimbursed at the end makes it easier for me to borrow it from someone. Right now, we have an abundance, and I praise Him for it, and I pray I can be faithful with it, because I'm inclined to believe the abundance is so I can bless someone else. I just don't know who yet. I will be praying about that.

The house is still filled with various items we have collected over the years. My parents are helping us get rid of a lot of it, as well as cleaning up our yard. Also, Kevin and Kelsey have agreed to let Marie live with them for a little while so the house can get cleared and fixed up. I am so thankful to God for them. Once the house gets cleared, we can fix it up and show it to renters. It really is a great house.


here is list of things I have been thankful for:

My parents have been incredible. The task has left Marie and I a bit overwhelmed, and almost paralyzed. My mom and dad have taken over, and have helped us get everything we need. I can't wait until Jude is old enough for me to show him the same love. My brother-in-law has sacrificed his entire summer, as well as a lot of his own resources to help us get the basement finished, and I am very grateful to him for that. Mike Watters came over and mowed my lawn on Monday evening, which was a tremendous help. There are moving to Uganda to minister to orphans that live in the slums. May God bless them, and I pray they receive all the support they need to do His Work. Doug and Cindi Downer have given us a place to stay for as long as we need, which is such a tremendous blessing. Laura Long has given me a room in her house to stay at for free, which is so very generous of her. God has safely brought me to Los Angeles as well. My Grandmother and Grandfather bought me lunch on Tuesday and gave me $100! I am so very thankful for them. Joe Lonetti and Ian Pitkanen came over and helped me pack on Tuesday and saw me off. What incredible young men they are. Especially Ian, who at 17 years old is so sharp, and loves the Lord sincerily. I am so thankful for him and his family that have been attending Beacon of Hope. My pastor, Steve Lonetti, took me out for Pizza Tuesday evening, and we had a wonderful time. I am looking forward to seeing him in March. There are so many other things to be thankful for, but for the sake of brevity, let me just say this: God has been blessing us tremendously, and it has been a privaledge watching Him work around me.

Well, even with the rest, my mind is still a bit scattered. Spiritually, I am doing well. I have been given grace to persue holiness over the next several weeks, which is difficult when I am alone. When I am not surrounded by people, it's harder for me to avoid pitfalls, but, if you read the title of this blog, I am resolved, by the power of the Spirit of God, to be holy as much as I am able. I'm convinced that unless my everyday walk is marked by a passionate pursuit of holiness, I will be useless to God. I don't just mean in what people see, either. I have always been able to put on an excellent front, but I would rather have people detest me falsley than praise me for only what they see. I would rather be holy and usless than acheive any measure of success knowing that my thoughts and attitudes have violated God. If they do, and believe me, they do, I repent, and thank God for the cross. I remind myself that Christ is the supreme example of a man who was despised, rejected, detested, and abandoned by even His closest friends, but still in every way holy. Because of that, I am free. :)

"Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death! Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Romans 7:24,25b

2 comments:

  1. Oh..heart....where do I begin? What wonderful, heart felt, Christ centered finely articulated thoughts.. God has you well on your way in all truth and integrity to an effective ministry for His glory. Dad and I are so blessed already by you..and we're definately excited to see what God's next plans are going to be for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. -including Jude and Marie of course! ha!

    ReplyDelete