Sunday, August 2, 2009

The pinhole of light...

Today I dropped a lot of money on flooring at IKEA. The floor was a sweet deal, but still expensive. But, well, we need a floor in the basement. I also picked up some cheap trim for the walls that should work nicely with the white doors down there. We're going to put in a laminate floor, which I'm actually excited about. It's durable, and easy to clean. Scott, my brother in law got done cutting most of the tile in our bathroom and area before the bedroom and family room, and my dad is coming over hopefully on Tuesday to lay all of the tile down with me. After we get the tile down, we can paint the whole basement and then lay the flooring down. It looks like it's going to be finished just in time for me to leave. I will admit, as we've been doing these projects, it's been a lot of fun. It's been exhausting, but also very rewarding. If the Lord would allow it, I look forward to being a home-owner (who lives there) again in the future. I guess I started caring more about the house a little too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment